That’s right, we’re bringing the classic picnic staple into the protein game, no longer just for those sipping an afternoon tea, these little beauties are the new summer must have, wash down with a large glass of BCAA and let the muscle building commence.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Carbs : 12.1g
Fats : 5.6g
As featured in the Protein Baking Bible
What you'll need
150g Self Raising Flour
2 Scoops Unflavoured Whey Protein 360
1 Egg-to glaze at the end,
How to make
1. Preheat the oven to 220c
2. Grab a mixing bowl, combine the flour, whey protein and salt, and then hand knead the butter.
3. Once combined, add in the sugar and milk to create a soft dough
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out your dough roughly 2 cm thick, then use an appropriately sized cutter to create your scone pucks. To save wastage, continue to knead and roll out the leftover dough until none is left.
5. Grab your egg and a mixing bowl and beat the egg yolk and white. Then use this mix to glaze the scones before placing them in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until they risen like kings and are nice and golden.
6. To serve, we recommend the good ol’ classic strawberries and cream combo!
Shop the TPW