SALTED CARAMEL PRONUTS
Ok so this one may be a nutritional powerhouse like some of the other bakes in this book. But if you’re going to have a cheat meal, go for this ringed masterpiece. It’s also ridiculously fun to make and ice with all your favourite flavours.
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 4 Minutes
Carbs : 20.8g
Fats : 12.4g
As featured in the Protein Baking Bible
What you'll need
1 tbsp of Dried Yeast
110ml of Warmed Milk
300g of Flour
2 Scoops of Salted Caramel Whey protein 360
3 Egg Yolks
2 Tbsp of Stevia Extract
Pinch of Salt
4 Tsp Unsalted Butter
Vegetable Oil for Frying
How to make
1. Combine the Dried Yeast with the warmed milk in a mixing bowl to dissolve the yeast, cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to prove for 30 minutes in a warm place.
2. Once proved. Add in the Whey Protein 360, Egg Yolks, Salt and Stevia and stir thoroughly until a dough has formed. Cover once again, and prove for another 30 minutes.
3. Lightly flour a work surface, grab your dough and divide it into 6 even balls.
4. Now lightly dust your hands in flavour, roll the dough ball in your hands until you rich a good doughnut thickness, joining the two ends to form your doughnut ring.
5. To cook, turn your fryer up to 180c and gently slide in your doughnuts using a slotted spoon. Cook for 2 minutes each side, remove and then drain on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
6. If icing or topping, allow the doughnuts to cool for 10 minutes before applying any icing.
Shop the TPW